The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

guidelines for starting wars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

guidelines for starting wars Empty
PostSubject: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 pm

For new officers such as myself, I would appreciate it if one of the more senior officers could give us some guidelines as to what to look for when declaring a war on another faction. Besides making sure we don't attack allies, and that we don't gain infamy, is there anything else? Is there a range of rankings that we should be looking at--e.g., should we mostly be attacking groups ranked #80-120, or no?

Thanks,

fadeinlight
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Finding enemies   guidelines for starting wars EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi.

We haven't had a strict rule for this, and perhaps its time we tighten this policy.

Basic rules is to keep away from allied and friends faction.
Since diplomacy haven't been focus on the last month, we don't have any list that are up to date.

Well, Tyrant's Club is off the limit, since we share room with them.
Anyone wants to be our diplomacy officer? Make allies and updating this list?

I usually find enemies that are weaker than us in the rating, i also go through the previous records, to see if we have fought before.
If so, i study the activity of them, and who are their key players. If its an old record, the data isn't that much help.
I get an idea on how much points they will get and i see if we can beat that.

Since we now are a target, we need to launch very easy wars, so we can fight back in defensive ones.

To do the best score u get the same for attacking factions in the range of -49 to +49 from our own faction points. The next level up and down is in a 100 range, so -149 to -50. You get the idea.

Regarding infamy. Infamy lower it self with 1 point each day at the main update around 2am CET. If we launch a war like 1 hour before this update that will give us infamy +1 the infamy will be reduced at the update 1 hour later.
Never get more than 1 infamy, and that should be only for a short while.

EDIT: Infamy will now last 24 hour from the time you get infamy. They have closed this bug.

Last edited by plex0n on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Thank you. That clears things up a great deal Smile
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 am

What about info on starting wars that all the choices or infamy?
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 am

Since they fixed the infamy bug, we do not want infamy.

Otherwise, the enemy should be chosen from based on how many members online, activity for the faction at the moment, recently attacked them before (gives us less points).
The main goal must be to start wars that will give us +5 points, but remember its better to get +3 points rather than losing a war that will give us -1/-2 points.
To get +5 or higher, we need to attack factions within +-99 points from us. +-1 point for every 100 spread.
We shall not attack allied and faction with NPA (none aggression pact).

You should also look though previous wars, and see what they put up, so u can get a clue of what we need tor produce.

Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:05 am

ok, thanks plex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guidelines for starting wars   guidelines for starting wars Empty

Back to top Go down

guidelines for starting wars
Page 1 of 1