The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surging our enemies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

Surging our enemies Empty
PostSubject: Surging our enemies   Surging our enemies EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 am

Hi all.

Its time we start getting all our members to use surge rather than fight mode in our wars.
The reason for this is that it gives a lot more points when you win.
I haven't done my math on this but if i recall correctly i think it was around 60% or 3/2 wins = 100% in fight mode.
This means that you can lose (surrender) some fights and still gain more points while surging instead of fighting.
If you on surge are only winning like 40-50% or less of the time, switch deck or change mode for that war.

All new and old members that mostly uses fight mode, needs to start surging.
I don't know if all the surge decks are up to date any longer, due to the release of righteous set, but i'm sure we can post new and updated surge deck to use when attacking.
And for those that don't surge yet, i bet that it will make the game much more interesting than just fighting. Yes, its harder, but its so much more fun when you manage to defeat the enemy with surge than with fight.

Edit: Corrected the 3/5 to 3/2. I was thinking 3 out of 5, just typed it wrong Smile

Last edited by plex0n on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

Surging our enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surging our enemies   Surging our enemies EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 pm

I believe the math goes like this: assuming that the average fight wins 20 points, the average surge wins 40 points, and a person surrenders on time every time, then if you win three fights for every two losses, then you're doing as well as you could if you won every fight.

Surging: (out of 5 fights)
3 victories = 120 points
2 surrendered losses = -20 points
total: 100 points

Fighting:
5 victories = 100 points

If members look at our recent fight with Legacy of Torment (October 7th), you will notice two things: first, they have a lot of really active members, and second, they almost all surge. The point total they generated for a lvl 50-ish faction was pretty phenomenal (although their ratios were pretty bad). A lot of our points actually came from their losses--they will get better, and we need to be ready for it.

So please, bear in mind your net points (points won - points lost), but surge if at all possible.
Back to top Go down

Surging our enemies
Page 1 of 1