The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

kfsw's first def eval contest

Go down 
+6
kanichan
screwball
Tehemai
plex0n
Mosfet
N1njaStr1ker
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

kfsw's first def eval contest Empty
PostSubject: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 am

so here it is, my first contest.

first of all, there are no wb as a reward. i am short of wb for myself and cant donate you guys, sorry.

the subject of the contest is to build deck that gets highest % winrate on surging against the Lost Wikingz defense decks.
the tool we use is evaluate decks application, which some of you know and use. i attach a zip file containing full application with tlw def decks inside.
open app, build deck and run batch eval with minimum 5000 runs for all decks inside.

reward: big blue mark attached to your name in next stats period and perfect deck builder badge, which gives you the right to be immune to warnings for next period of stats.
maybe other officers will give their own rewards, i hope so actually.

time: 48h since now

method: use attached application, build killer deck in "minimalistic" tab, go to "batch eval" tab, run minimum 5000 for all decks, wait for result. after getting result (% surge win rate), write it and deck list here in the thread. you can use normal(auto) mode or cards played in order.

what is it for? to get ultimate decks that kills our faction and change our defenses to prevent these decks from working.

EDIT BY PLEX0N: I want all to copy from previous post and edit a list so each new post contains the top 10 list of decks against us.
Also ninja said he would give 30 wb to the winner of each round. There will also be a prize for the winner of most rounds, since we will run this several times.

link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3783259/sim_20111120_tLW_contest.zip

Last edited by kfsw on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 am

i start:
dracorex, apollo, support carrier x 5, stealthy niaq, elemental, gorivore.
avg 54% autosurging.
Back to top Go down
N1njaStr1ker
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:00 am

very good you know my deck. I dont love the idea of writing anyones offensive decks and I cant give mine (spies always possible) but maybe have them whispered to you ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:03 am

there are no universasl decks. i am sure there are decks better than your standard off deck. this is the contest for people who want to use evaluate decks simulator and have fun getting highest scores with each change
Back to top Go down
N1njaStr1ker
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:20 am

I assumed someone was taking the job to run the offenses we have through a program that has our defenses and will then let us know who won.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 am

how the fuck do i work with this program??
i dont understand shit
Back to top Go down
Mosfet
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 am

Download it here( You only need EvaluateDecks v14 (-r90) ) ,extract, run and let it update on first run.

Close the program

Create a custom.txt file with the content what was posted and put it into decks/batcheval folder

Run the program use visual mode and create your deck

Go to batcheval mode and run it

Simple as that Smile

Sorry I can't post pics right now - lack of speed -.-'

P.S. Select "Display Deck Name" so you'll see it in details Smile

Last edited by Mosfet on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:05 am

First post updated and edited by me.

The list should be like this, sorted by highest WinSurge%

1. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
2. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
3. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
4. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
5. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
6. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
7. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
8. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
9. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
10. WinSurge%, Decklist by Your nick
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 am

Don't you guys think you should wait until the next update before hosting this contest? It shouldn't be that far off and with the new skills the meta game will changed completely. That and many of us are busy with the dozen or so of great games that were released in the last few weeks.

edit: also the deck you posted has 9 cards in it kfsw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:11 am

tehemai: i want to do 2-3 contests a week. and we still are in current meta
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:12 am

edit -bad deck-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:29 am

kfsw, 0.55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(6),Stealthy Niaq,Elemental,Gorivore
garrett8, 0.55% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(5),Apollo,Gorivore,Elemental,Abominable Horror(2)
garrett8, 0.54% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(4),Destructive Ram,Apollo,Gorivore,Elemental,Abominable Horror(2)
garrett8, 0.54% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Azure Reaper(2),Stealthy Niaq,Elemental,Gorivore

Quote :
I decided to investigate the SC deck in detail. Draco, 9x SC, Elemental gives 0.49% against our defenses. Adding Apollo, Stealthy Niaq and Gorivore give the optimal 0.55% as reported by kfsw. Replacing one SC with D-Ram, Abominable Horror, Rancor, Juggernaut, Razo's Heir doesn't seem to improve the winrate.

From the defense data, SC spam is vulnerable to fear (GS or Pathrazer), Xeno's Daemon/Interceptor mix, SC (must inc 1-2 D-Rams) and Atlas/Lucina Strike Deck (must include at least 2 anti-air units - Predator, Fighter Jet, Daemon)

SC spam is good against Pummpool, Wallstall, Salvager spam, SC (without D-Rams).

garrett8, 0.40% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(5),Elemental
garrett8, 0.46% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(7),Elemental
garrett8, 0.49% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(9),Elemental
garrett8, 0.50% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(8 ),Elemental,Gorivore
garrett8, 0.51% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(7),Elemental,Gorivore, Stealthy Niaq
kfsw, 0.55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(6),Stealthy Niaq,Gorivore,Elemental
garrett8, 0.55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(2),Stealthy Niaq,Gorivore,Elemental
garrett8, 0.55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(3),Gorivore,Elemental
garrett8, 0.56% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(3),Stealthy Niaq,Elemental
w_alloy, 0.57% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(5),Stealthy Niaq,Gorivore,Elemental,Ravenous Dredge

edit: kfsw, i updated you deck with 6 SC
note: tehemai: you have 2 legendary in your deck - Apollo+Ragnorok

edit by Plex0n: Remember to add who found this deck. (Thanks - garrett8)

Last edited by garrett8 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am

Not to be a stick in the mud and try and poke holes in contests yet again, sc decks are pretty much the only common surge type decks we'll be optimizing our defense for. The others have action cards and will fail to yield high surge rates even though they are effective on manual. We will in all likelihood weaken our defenses against such decks.
Back to top Go down
screwball
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 am

thadius - 10 x II. 80% win
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: LOL   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:57 am

II is a lie Razz

draco: azure x2 vigil x1 sc x2 apollo x 1 gorivore elmental stealthy niaq bulldozer 55% on surge;)
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Draco, 4 x support, apollo, elemental, azure, abominable horror, niaq, gorivore
also 56 percent

Also wanted to ask if there was a way to bring in some of the new cards like dredge and ram into eval
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Two more 56%ers I havent seen, although I almost didn't post them because they are such minor variations, but hey why not since the tie breaker hasn't been listed yet (I was thinking it should either be whoever posted first or using more decimal places on surge win %). I'll also get the format ball rolling so others can copy/paste me.

1. 56% - Dracorex, Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(3),Stealthy Niaq,Elemental --- garrett8
1. 56% - Dracorex, Apollo, Support Carrier(6),Destructive Ram,Elemental,Gorivore --- w_alloy
1. 56% - Dracorex, Apollo, Support Carrier(5),Destructive Ram,Elemental,Gorivore,Stealthy Niaq --- w_alloy
1. 56% - Draco, 4 x support, apollo, elemental, azure, abominable horror, niaq, gorivore --- Tehemai
5. 55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(6),Stealthy Niaq,Gorivore,Elemental --- kfsw
5. 55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(2),Stealthy Niaq,Gorivore,Elemental --- garrett8
5. 55% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Abominable Horror(3),Gorivore,Elemental --- garrett8
5. 55% draco: azure x2 vigil x1 sc x2 apollo x 1 gorivore elmental stealthy niaq bulldozer --- kanichan
5. 55% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(5),Apollo,Gorivore,Elemental,Abominable Horror(2) --- garrett8
5. 54% - Dracorex,Support Carrier(4),Destructive Ram,Apollo,Gorivore,Elemental,Abominable Horror(2) --- garrett8
10. 54% - Dracorex,Apollo,Support Carrier(4),Azure Reaper(2),Stealthy Niaq,Elemental,Gorivore --- garrett8
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Tehemai wrote:

Also wanted to ask if there was a way to bring in some of the new cards like dredge and ram into eval

go to the update DB tab in evaluate decks, hit download XML sheets, and then restart ap
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

It's not too hard to break 56% using solar powerhouse (58% first try), I'm gonna assume this isn't allowed? tongue
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Still probably illegal but definitely worth posting anyways:

Draco, Wasteland Skimmer (6), Rox Chainblade, Executioner, Ravenous Dredge, Stealthy Niaq - 64%

A bunch of other skimmer variations are above 56% but this is the highest I could find.
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:18 pm

EDIT: turns out I was using an older version which had some bugs, these numbers are wrong (should be mostly 57% I believe)

Draco, SC X5, Apollo, Stealthy Niaq, Elemental, Ravenous Dredge, (+ any one of Gorivore, Abom Horror, Ram) 59%
Draco, SC X4, Apollo, Stealthy Niaq, Abominable Horror, Gorivore, Elemental, Ravenous Dredge 59%
Draco, SC X4, Apollo, Stealthy Niaq, Abominable Horror X2, Elemental, Ravenous Dredge 59%
Draco, SC X3, Apollo, Stealthy Niaq, Abominable Horror X3, Elemental, Ravenous Dredge 59%
A ton of other similar combos - 58%

The 3% gain over similar decks is even more significant because Dredge is increasing deck diversity; bigger gains than 3% should be seen on manual.

Ravenous Dredge = OP!!

Edit: just wanted to reserve my name on a few more 59% decks... replacing Niaq with an SC in decks 2,3, and 4 keeps 59%, as does replacing Apollo with Orbo in deck 3.

Last edited by w_alloy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:16 pm

My turn...
Dracorex: SC x 5, Elemental, Destructive Ram, Gorivore, Apollo, Stealthy Niaq
55% win
Back to top Go down
Falos
Private
Private
Falos

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 pm

I wonder if we need a few more fear decks. on defense. All the offered autosurgers are whomped by fear.

A GS deck with <5 GS probably needs filler, but Dalia+PR doesn't need any actions or strucs. Most of the ones in our defense data seem diluted.

Even so, if you check the results of the decks being posted it's the fears that rebuke you, usually only stopped by a T1 niaq/dredge.

58% winning surge rates seem to average about +16-17pts per 10stam, I'm looking at a 16.34 - I threw in my favorite auto deck and got 15.04
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:24 pm

i was running some of these decks in eval and it gave me different results. so after finishing the contest, i will run all decks posted on most fresh version of eval decks with much higher games run count, then post results here as final
Back to top Go down
Mosfet
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

kfsw wrote:
i was running some of these decks in eval and it gave me different results. so after finishing the contest, i will run all decks posted on most fresh version of eval decks with much higher games run count, then post results here as final

There is a +-2% difference every time you evaluate unless you use a specified seed (However using random seed gives better data) , so don't be surprised of changing percentages. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kfsw's first def eval contest   kfsw's first def eval contest Empty

Back to top Go down

kfsw's first def eval contest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next