The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Useful tools for Tyrant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

Useful tools for Tyrant Empty
PostSubject: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello!

Just wanted to let all of you in on the tool that I use to help make my decks. It's a battle simulator, and it can be found here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/195043-evaluate-decks-game-simulator

Using this, you can make the most of your time, energy, gold, and war bonds. You can use it to devise decks against whatever defense, or team of defenses, you choose. The interface is easy to understand, and the results are proven. You can also build various defense decks and test them against various offense decks on surge or fight.

This tool made every difference in my game. I went from an average of 70% wins on fight to almost 80% wins on surge. My defense has also jumped to the point that I usually win near 50%--that's a pretty fantastic number, considering.

Also, I found a tremendous website for filtering/organizing/communicating decks: http://tyrant.40in.net/deck.php
This is a great way to create a deck quickly and share it with others, without having to take a screenshot, edit, then post online. All you have to do is make the deck on the website, then copy the code it gives you when you click on "get deck link". The filters are the absolute best I've seen anywhere.

For instance, here's a deck that I've been using quite a bit lately: http://tyrant.40in.net/deck.php?id=1045;330;330;330;352;352;352;352;435;463;2079

Hope this helps!

fadeinlight

Last edited by fadeinlight on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:23 pm

well thats a nice point.... thanks
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 am

fadeinlight wrote:
Hello!

I found a couple of really useful battle-simulating programs for Tyrant.

The first can be found here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/195043-yet-another-battlesim-evaluate-decks. It has an easy-to-use interface, and is probably all one might need to conquer a mission.

The second is located in this thread: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/187292-tyrant-battlesim

(just look for the .exe file link in DarkBlood1's post on page 29)

It isn't exactly user-friendly...there's a version with a GUI, but it's currently only for Windows 64-bit.

When you first run it, it asks if you want to run against sample decks or mission decks. The "sample decks" are a variety of decks listed here: http://code.google.com/p/tyrant-battle-simulator/wiki/Decks. The mission decks are a selection of missions that have been pre-loaded into the program (I believe there are 28 so far).

After choosing one of the options, it asks you if you want to "skip all logs." If you choose "n," it will show you ever detail of every fight (which will add to the amount of time it takes). Afterwards, it asks you to either load up the deck you want to experiment with, or the mission you want to go up against (depending on which option you chose).

It's fairly self-explanatory after that. When it asks you how many rounds you want to run, it means how many theoretical fights should it run. Less than 1k is a good rule of thumb, as they can be time consuming. When it's finished, it gives you statistics on the amount of times won vs. lost.

The advantage of the second, less user-friendly battlesim is that it will simultaneously pit your deck against 20-30 popular decks out there, and give you an overall win ratio. This can be useful in setting up a default defense deck, as you really have no idea what's attacking you and it's best to set up against pretty much anything.

Using these battlesims can save people from a lot of wasted energy. It could also be a great way of generating an offense in whatever war we're facing at a given time.

Hope this helps!

fadeinlight

Remove the . at the end in the first link to make it work
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:00 pm

i was wondering why that didnt work... thx plex
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Whoops! Sorry about that Smile
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Update   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:34 pm

**edit: deleted for irrelevance (it was a link to an updated version of the battlesim listed in the OP. The latest link is now provided there instead.

Last edited by fadeinlight on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

just hope its not a t. virus
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 pm

I scanned it Kaspersky and it's virus free. Also, I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and I haven't had any popups trying to get my credit card number. But still, with any of the updates, I would recommend scanning it before running it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useful tools for Tyrant   Useful tools for Tyrant Empty

Back to top Go down

Useful tools for Tyrant
Page 1 of 1