The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What would you like tyrant to do next?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

What would you like tyrant to do next? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks in part to a few of you who decided to vouch for me on the consortium thread, I'll be in all likelihood joining the consort tomorrow (today if I'm lucky). I might make a similar thread on kong or just start reading that mess they call a suggestion thread a bit later when my being on the consortium goes public, hopefully by the devs and not someone here with a big mouth. Razz

Anyways, I'm making this topic here so that anyone can drop by suggestions I can mention to the devs when I get the chance.

Fire away, don't be shy!
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Here are some off the cuff ideas. I don't really think any of these are necessarily worth while, but they are ideas none the less.

Stamina upgrades? (Like the energy ones)

Elite cards in Daily Chance...

Achievements for points earned in wars (First time 500 damage done, first time 1000 damage done, 5/10 wars with 500/1000 damage done. Something like that)

More deck based achievements (Like use X ability so many times in a battle, or use X cards to defeat a mission... stuff like that)

Monthly (or bi-monthly) limited cards that either replaces a card earned from any given existing achievement, or a new achievement that can be earned and re-earned when the card rotates (like maybe a number of missions completed in a month period, or amount of LP earned in a month)
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Stamina upgrades might be a little risky. It will give WBers more power and people complain about them enough as it is.

Elite cards in Daily chance would have to have suuuuuuuuuuuper low chances of popping up. Maybe this could work if they were to put the less used cards in the daily chance from the elite packs.

Achievement for war damage can't hurt as long as they are reasonable (don't require you to wb to achieve). Could apply for raids too, it might also go a tiny way at helping people deal with expensive cards though I can't see it helping too much.

I think deck based achievements are common enough. If something, a way to make them more interesting is in order as usually you can just slap together a random group of cards with the appropriate skills and it works. Rarely takes more than 2 tries. This updates achievements I did all with little over a tank of energy and I could have done it with less if I would have noticed my SCs prevented my cards from using refresh.

I'm not sure about the limited card idea but I think the respawnable achievements (or maybe put it into some other category) is a fantastic idea. It would allow a decent amount of extra cash flow into the players pockets and would make grinding a little more interesting. Maybe mixing this idea with the rare chance of you getting an elite card from one of these missions might really keep people interested.

Thanks for your input Acid!

So the question is, where's everyone else? Here I thought the wikings were a little more creative and supportive then this. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:10 pm

I would like all of the packs to be available with gold. I would also like a way to get elite cards with gold
Back to top Go down
Falos
Private
Private
Falos

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Loyalty points quickly become worthless, though I suppose design intent may not want an "obligation" vibe by necessitating heavy commitment.

Disease/cleanse was okay when it targetted the meta of the time, but I'm worried about refresh. Even people who haven't bought any homeworld packs have quickly discovered the use of zero-heal decks with what they have, ogres. Now disease/cleanse seem like they're going to revolve around it. The effectiveness of chaos seems difficult to measure as of yet.

Currently, the entire gold system seems a little undeveloped. Tournaments mix it up a little, and I suppose exorbitant prices on certain singles/packs add a change of pace, though I consider it unpleasant. Achievements are too few and too little to affect the grind. Really, we just look directly at a flat eng->gold conversion with a quick autoburn, something that hasn't changed since launch.

There isn't any result from player performance, time investment, level, etc. when there was room in, say, the raiding system. If the design intent is to make gold a slow and one-dimensional experience, mission accomplished. Maybe grinding weeks for a single card is meant to increase WB appeal.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm

@Kilros I understand where you're coming from but ,aking all cards available for gold would not only seriously hurt the income of the game. It will also hurt the casual players and newer players as affording 200 or so new cards at what will probably be a very high price might prove to become quite a discouraging. I think those that would take the most advantage of something like this would be the long term players that have tons of gold accumulated. And it will just widen that gap making many unhappy even though they don't know it yet.

@ Falos While loyalty points once accumulated past 2500 lp indeed go to waste, it is as you said design intent. Remember that although some people like to stay in one faction, some people like to move around. Those people are punished enough having to wait at least a month but likely 2 to get everything unlocked again. And that time period is longer than the average player even plays the game.

I'm glad you mention the new meta. I myself having taken a stance against buying the new cards did not get to go to in depth with it so the info helps. And again as you said I have taken up using ogres and do find them to be quite effective though far from unbeatable. Not sure whether I see the problem. If possible, it would be interesting to get some input by the more frequent tourney goers (Wheres our self proclaimed tournament expert when you need him? =P) on how well these new cards are holding up in standard.

Gold definitely needs work. Acid brought up a nice idea which I plan to take up with the devs, which is respawnable achievements which I'm now dubbing as goals. These could range from daily/weekly/monthly and could net you some gold for performing some random task and maybe throw in a card, perhaps from a more interesting varied cardpool than something like tourneys.

Again, thanks for the input guys. Moar plox. =P
Back to top Go down
Falos
Private
Private
Falos

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Not saying ogres are OP, they aren't really, but Refresh should have probably been an X value, as it is it seems to negate heal use and the result is too... absolute. Disease takes care of things, responded by cleanse, and suddenly previous expansions feel obsolete because everything is about stopping, using, or protecting Refresh. I mentioned ogres because they're only a foot in the door, people are still gathering HW packs. I will reiterate, though, that it's still early and I'm extrapolating. I tourney well enough (instant Apollo/Hades) but I'm just too lazy and too uninterested to grind out tourney ranking and observe the tourney meta, winnings or not. Plus I prefer sealed events.

Goals sound like a breath of fresh air, easy sort of thing to pitch too, you'll probably meet approval.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Yea I'd still give refresh and the other various abilities more time. I'm definitely not the deck making pro in the consort group so I'll probably mostly listen in in those kind of topics while the level 100+ fight it out XD.

And as far as goals are concerned, was met with much approval when posting on the tyrant forum. A few consort members have taken some interest but they're either waiting for me to build more upon it or are waiting for more feedback from kong forums. Either way, I'll keep trying to push it through. Thanks for the continued input falos, I had a little surge of work to do in the last 2 days so I couldn't take the time to reply but I really do appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like tyrant to do next?   What would you like tyrant to do next? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you like tyrant to do next?
Page 1 of 1