The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Promo Cards insider tip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

New Promo Cards insider tip Empty
PostSubject: New Promo Cards insider tip   New Promo Cards insider tip EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey guys,

I posted a link to the sneak preview of the new promo cards in the general section, but here it is again for convenience: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/217280-spoiler-next-promo-cards

A lot of people are talking down on the cards, but I don't think they're recognizing the potential in one of them to shake up the entire meta: Destroyer, Rare Raider Assault, 2/8(4), Flurry 1, Swipe

Now, picture this as a defense against grim specter fear rush: 5 command centers, 5 Devastators, and Yurich/Draco (or perhaps even 3 Devastators and 7 Devastators, or throw in a Waypoint or two...). Flurry is one of the most underutilized abilities in this game, so people keep forgetting about one of its interesting side effects: If something flurries and kills something on the first hit, the second hit nails the commander.

Now, you have a card that will swipe, and with 1 command center active, will kill a grim specter in 1 hit...the second hit goes to the commander. But, since it's swiping, it will instead hit three cards...if flurry activates on all three, you will have hit the commander for 12 points of damage. If there are two command centers, then you can hit for 36 damage in one turn...6 on three opponents, and 18 on the commander. If two of these cards activate with one command center...well, you get the idea.

These cards are like Mawcor on steroids. I don't know how effective they'll be against support carrier spam, but it's going to tear up fear rush (except perhaps pathrazer spam).

I can't guarantee that they're going to shake things up...but I think there is more potential there than people realize.

Just keep this to yourselves...I want to be able to enjoy at least a week of these cards before everyone else catches on lol Wink
Back to top Go down
screwball
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New Promo Cards insider tip   New Promo Cards insider tip EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 am

My answer to you:

Devastator? The 1/1 1 wait strike raider 2 armour 2 card? Razz

Possible, but pandemic/2 plasma cards, asylum + injection *might* take down CC and win it. But with 5 CCs, it might buy enough time for Destroyers to come into play.

On that note, good cards are those that make them versatile against most decks, a winning chance against most decks. Don't know if that deck is good enough to stop a TAP deck.
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: New Promo Cards insider tip   New Promo Cards insider tip EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:11 pm

hmmm...I think some support carriers in there, about 3 perhaps, would balance things out. Atlas might be an option as well...I dunno. I think it has some potential--it won't work against every deck, but I believe it will have some impact in the meta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Promo Cards insider tip   New Promo Cards insider tip Empty

Back to top Go down

New Promo Cards insider tip
Page 1 of 1