The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

recruitment post at main forums

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

recruitment post at main forums Empty
PostSubject: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey everyone,

Here is a copy of my recruitment post at the main forums: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/202498-the-lost-wikingz-are-recruiting

//
Hello Everyone!

The Lost Wikingz (lvl. 7 faction) are currently recruiting!

We are an active, mature guild that seeks equally active players. We ask that you be at least lvl. 13 (or capable of building a sound irradithad defense deck--Thaddius, Irradiated Infantry x10), or have access to the elite vault. Furthermore, we ask that you be capable of putting up 140 lp (loyalty points) per week (for those of you new to this game, you receive one loyalty point per victory in a faction war--20 per day is hardly unattainable).

We don't have special hats, we don't have fancy dances, and we don't have a secret handshake. We are largely made up of students, slackers, instructors, programmers, physicists, engineering majors, etc. If you find guild drama to be tedious, then this may just be the faction for you.

We seek people that are as addicted to the game as we are. Your experience level comes second to how active you are--if you find yourself jumping onto this game every day (with some exceptions, of course), then you're the type of player we're looking for.

If this sounds like you, then please feel free to drop us a line in response to this thread, or at our forums (under the thread "introduce yourself>>my,myself, and I" :https://thelostwikingz.actieforum.com/f10-introduce-yourself

Membership is contingent upon the completion of a 1-week probationary period. Please note that we are reasonable people, and if we see that you are trying, then we know that you will improve over time. We are willing to stick that time out with you, and help you to the extent of our ability.

A final note: we ask that our members be both tolerant, and tolerable.
//

If you see anything wrong with it, please let me know.

fadeinlight
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Hold on...that post got deleted about 30 seconds after I posted it. I'm trying to figure out what happened, but the link posted above will be dead.
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm

When I posted a question asking for an explanation of why the post was banned, that post got banned as well. This is complete and total bullshit, because there are tons of factions that have recruitment threads.

It looks like DaWayne33 is moderating. I was thinking about donating to the developers--well, fuck that now. They'll be lucky if I ever purchase another wb.

For now, I'm having to post in the generic recruitment thread, which I don't expect to see much action from: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/159567-new-factions-tyrant-lets-make-this-game-more-challenging-faction-links-thread?page=84#posts-4378563

oh well.
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:02 pm

All of my posts regarding recruitment have been banned, including the one that I'd posted in the generic thread. Did someone from this faction do something to piss someone off?

I am boycotting the purchase of wb until I find out why this is happening. In the mean time, I won't be posting any more recruitment threads in the forums--someone out there is screwing us big time.
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Pissed off   recruitment post at main forums EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:36 am

Hi.

I can't think of any reason why they should be pissed off at us.

We have never broken any rules that i know about before.
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 am

I'm not exactly sure either. Maybe DaWayne33 is drunk, and was just amusing himself by pissing people off.

What's strange is that I was seeing all of these references to the Terms of Service, but I couldn't find a link to it. I thought perhaps that I would find some information therein.

I sent a message directly to DaWayne33, letting him know that I would be boycotting the purchase of wb until I got an explanation as to why my posts were banned. I was diplomatic about it, but I feel that there should be an explanation as to why our post was locked while dozens of others remain open.

I noticed another post with information regarding the posting of recruitment threads, but it was in the "guides and FAQ" section, instead of the "Faction Recruitment" sticky. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm going to avoid talking to them about it for a few weeks, while maintaining my boycott. Personally, I don't care if they ban me from the game--there are many people that would be glad to have my business. But I really don't want them to be angry at our faction, so I'm going to cool it.

In the mean time, I think maybe it would be a good idea for us to go public with our recruitment, then just filter people out according to the criteria we've listed before? We can just make sure we're up front about our requirement that they be active. I can re-post my advertisement as a kind of welcoming section (in these forums), so the new recruits can read over it and ask whatever questions they might have.
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Just an update,

DaWayne33 got back to me and said that neither he nor Synapticon locked my thread, so it was probably a Kongregate moderator. My guess is that they locked it because it contained an external link to these forums.

I'll try to repost the message later on, but this time I will ask respondents to reply in the main forums. I will post a link to that thread on this website, so that anyone can look over the applicants and decide for themselves if they want to offer an invitation.

I'll also be lifting my wb boycott...but not until I get my next check Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recruitment post at main forums   recruitment post at main forums Empty

Back to top Go down

recruitment post at main forums
Page 1 of 1