The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WIKINGZ CRISIS

Go down 
+5
Mark0628
Dustangel
AcidFree
nossualc
ursus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ursus
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 pm

WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 Tlwloyalty

This is the loyalty for the last few days... loyalty gain is always between two dates.

Only guys still active are the Officers, Yang, and those between 2000 and 2500 loyalty, trying to get skimmers. Most guys do even

worse then Ninjas defense....

so in essence we are down to 10 active members, which makes recovering almost impossible. In every merger we would be the weaker faction.

Last edited by ursus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, Ursus, you're the leader, what faction's have you been in contact with? And what responses' you been getting?
Back to top Go down
Mark0628
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:46 pm

listen im still willing to take over and give leading a shot. i mean really. not much worse we can get for the moment.
Back to top Go down
kfsw
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Mark, you didnt change a thing as officer. Why you as leader will be different?
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 am

I think, before we get in to leadership arguments that might be more hurtful than helpful, I think it is time for an Up 'n' Down vote on which way to go now.
I see 3 scenarios.

1) - Disbanding
2) - Sliding through the ranks and rebuild
3) - Merger with another faction

The first one is the easiest. The second takes the longest. The third might be the most difficult.

I would like to have people voice their opinion ASAP. I feel kind of in limbo here.

PS. By 'Up 'n' Down' I mean, a vote on which of the 3 options giving here you would prefer.

Last edited by nossualc on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 am

To be honest, not sure I understood what you mean by this up and down vote, also not sure if you want my vote since I'm not in the faction but my vote would be.

Up: disbanding
Down: dropping in the rankings to rebuild
(Not sure if I have to place merger, but I'm leaning towards down there too.)
Back to top Go down
Mark0628
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 am

number 2 for me seams to be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 am

imo merging would probably mean the same as disbanding, or sliding down the ranks. We won't find a faction willing to give up their loyalty to join a faction that is weaker then them, we are down to maybe 10 active members, I think 3 of those only stay to get to skimmers and farm some more money to buy them.

So we would probably have to join an other faction, and I don't think everyone will join the same one.
or we would slide down the ranks till we find an other faction willing to join us and recruit on the way. We would probably loose even more active members in the next days, we don#t even get applicants anymore.

as sad as it is, I see chances to find a merger willing to join us very low, and rebuilding will be very hard and take probably a few months, if it even succeeds. Most active players are ambitious and won't join a faction that can't win wars and has less members then a lvl 3 faction...

I vote for #1
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:13 am

Well, if that is how y'all feel I understand... I would just like to have a consensus on what we are doing so it does not feel that we are leaving someone behind, right?
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 am

I vote what ever noss and ben want they are the oldest members and if they want to keep the faction and build it up again im cool with not disbanding it
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 am

kanichan wrote:
I vote what ever noss and ben want they are the oldest members and if they want to keep the faction and build it up again im cool with not disbanding it

Thank for the trust in my judgment, Kani, but I am but one man. If y'all fell like disbanding, that is what we do. I just want us all to agree and say "this is what we do...".
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:34 am

well, ben isn't officer, can he vote here? if not get his opinion.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 am

ursus wrote:
well, ben isn't officer, can he vote here? if not get his opinion.

I spoke with him like two days ago, and he was contemplating quiting Tyrant altogether, as his gaming interfered with his study.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 am

well, he didn't really fight for the last week....

so last opinion missing is acid
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Jeeze.... uh.

Well, there are a few things that I feel need addressing before I can really even figure out what I think. So, if you will all humor me and having my thought process put into a comment that would be great.

We can't have a faction without active wars, and we can't declare wars without officers, and officers won't be able to declare if they are not around (if thats because they don't care, or there are timezone conflicts... the end result is the same). With no wars members become uninterested and leave. With no members we can't even fight def wars, and we are back where we started with not being able to have a faction.

To rebuild, where in that chain is the easiest place to start rebuilding?

Have more active wars? If thats the case we need officers to declare them. Regardless of how well we do or how many members we have to fight them, the only way to get more wars is to have active officers. That means then that the current officers either have to extend their availability so we always have an officer on to declare (I think that the heaviest burden falls on me in this case, simply because of how the active officers are spread across timezones. If I remember correctly most people are around +1, and I'm -Cool, or we get more. That brings me to the next link, recruiting members...

If we start by recruiting members to replace those that have left, what do we look for? We have little if nothing to offer at this point. We are a high level faction, within the top 20 at this point. There is HUGE room for growth, but to players who are already in high level factions we are not attractive in the slightest. Even below us in rankings do not seem to look favorably at us. Then what. Who is left? Beginning players. Do we start from scratch, literally? Is the best method of recruitment taking in 1-30 level players and grooming them into top players? Is that really possible, can we expect acceptable levels of activity and commitment from that group? Where else do we look, VERY low ranked factions? Isn't the result about the same?

So, what. I greatly dislike recruiting, and if our sought after demographic is nobodies, we don't know who they are so we can't seek them out. That means our recruitment thread needs to be spammed everywhere, and needs to be attractive to lower level players so those people apply on their own. But in doing so it publicizes out desperation.

Theoretically, once we build a core group of people from the stragglers that we find, we can promote them to officer and that solves our active war problem. For the time between that better time commitments from officers would be needed so we don't go 2 hours without a war and then lose the few new players that we (hopefully) manage to pick up.

This all relies on others being interested in us though... which, judging by the way things are now doesn't fill me with much hope.

Going back to starting with more active wars, and thus the need for more officers, and that theoretically meaning that members stay around and somehow become more active and/or bring their friends to join this faction; where do we get more officers? Can we really pull from our 'active' members? If we do, can we cover the timezone issue so we are expecting activity from all our officers equally? AND, will more wars REALLY mean more activity from members so we can preform better and attract new members. I'm not too optimistic about this either.

What then? Bots, finding friends to join? I'm not keen on bots, and if we had friends that were willing to join, where are they?

Keeping the faction for nostalgia's sake is fine, IF you are wiling to watch the faction spiral down the drain with the sliver of hope that our reputation is not so tarnished that some members will join and you may be able to rebuild.

I won't even talk to merging, because at this point all it means is a coordinated exodus to another faction, leaving this one by the wayside (meaning either disbanding or small hope to rebuild).

So, I guess that leaves me with only one choice, I will leave.

If there are those that want to continue the faction, while I don't think its worth it in the end, thats up to you. I can't take on what might be required to successfully rebuild, and I don't really want to see this faction get filled with bots either. I don't WANT to disband, but that seems like the only reasonable option to me.

TL;DR: Disband, I guess...
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am

A very thorough and well articulated argument, Acid... With many very good points. The hope and time frame of a rebuild is, at best, bleak, long and painful.

So it looks like we are disbanding now...

The Lost Wikingz, Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 am

It's decided then. It was fun fighting with you guys, gonna take a break from top faction fights (lets see how long that works...)

how are we going to manage the disband? I would put the notice in faction status and chat and tell people to leave or tell me how long they need to get their last cards.

EDIT: after checking with nos, thats how I'll do it
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 am

Very well put Acid, you covered the major problems of trying to rebuild a faction this far gone that's near the top. It was more or less the conclusions I drew up when I suggested disbanding. I'll definitely miss the faction but at least we won't have to see it fall down 50+ ranks.
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 am

It makes me sad we have to come to this conclusion, but I think in the long run it means less stress and more enjoyment of the game for everyone. <3
Back to top Go down
kfsw
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:12 am

i prefer to treat factions like projects. and after faction work is done, just disband it.
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:07 am

i prefer to treat factions like family, but once all family members moved to a different "country" there is no point in keeping the family;)
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:41 pm

That's a weird concept of family you have there. O.o

Edit: Status update? I heard from someone that everybody has their loyalty.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Everyone reachd their Loyalty today, big thx to TC and Betterworld, guys gained 1k loyalty in total during 2 days XD

I'm waiting for them to leave or tell me they have bought them now, should happen today.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 am

Disband it, if they don't have the cards by now then they don't really care anyway. Already at rank 16, it's starting to defeat the purpose.
Back to top Go down
kfsw
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:58 am

let them dsband when they want tehemai, youre not inside Smile
xterminator came back and saw empty faction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WIKINGZ CRISIS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next