The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WIKINGZ CRISIS

Go down 
+5
Mark0628
Dustangel
AcidFree
nossualc
ursus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ursus
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:03 pm

in the last 4 days, we lost a leader, 2 officers, a few members.

I accepted 4 random guys to compensate, without that we were down to 43 people, 42 without ninja...

activity is down to 70%.

I consider our strength more around rank 15 atm...

I'm honored that kfsw chose me as new leader, but while I consider myself to have done well as officer, I don't have the ambition, time, and connections you need to be leader in a top 5 faction.
for me university will start again on monday, I won't have a lot of time for leader duties then, enough if the faction would be doing great, not enough to help us through this.

please comment and leave suggestions.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:36 pm

KFSW did well...

Is there any officers who has leadership aspirations?
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 pm

I dont have the time/connections/aspirations to be leader either.

Unless someone wants to take responsibility as leader and do all that entails, we can do one of a few things.

Disband. Not ideal and is probably the last thing anyone wants. But a faction without a leader will fall apart sooner or later.

Ursus stays leader, does what he can and we play it by ear. We would recruit when we can, but things like activity checks and involved recruiting are things that may not continue.

Merge with another faction. I don't know if that means we absorb someone or get absorbed, but it would sort out the issue of not having a leader (ideally... if we absorb another faction, i guess it would be under the condition that their leader becomes our leader).

Officers step up and collectively we all function as a leader. Ursus stays leader in name, but all 'leader' duties are distributed. This requires that all officers are active according to their time zones, and complete tasks assigned to them in a reasonable amount of time. I doubt that this is a reasonable thing to expect, since not all officers have ever been active, especially now.

This is basically the same conversation I had in my last faction, and eventually they recovered, but it took a while and a few leaders.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 pm

I think bringing in new talent would be a way to get out of the sludge..

Should we absorb it should be the faction with the highest raking that remains, right?
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

nossualc wrote:

Should we absorb it should be the faction with the highest raking that remains, right?

Theoretically, yes. But the leader of the other faction would have to be willing to become leader here. I dont know why they woudlnt want to, but its possible that they would not. In which case absorbing them wouldnt be ideal since we would still be without a leader. And if merging is the way we want to go, then we would have to migrate our players to another faction.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:00 pm

AcidFree wrote:
nossualc wrote:

Theoretically, yes. But the leader of the other faction would have to be willing to become leader here. I dont know why they woudlnt want to, but its possible that they would not. In which case absorbing them wouldnt be ideal since we would still be without a leader. And if merging is the way we want to go, then we would have to migrate our players to another faction.

Let's see if that should anything we would wanna do if it should come to that... But for now, let's try to get new players that can bring some energy back
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:42 am

Sounds good to me. We also need new officers, if alloy is gone we are down to 7 guys that can declare wars, I want atleast 9. I propose mosfet and metalforlife. both contacted me after kfsw went away and seem to really care for the faction. scrap would also be a candidate, but a bit inactive in chat as far as I saw... any other guys you would like to recommend?

I'm alright with staying leader for now, some changes I want to do:

1. google wikingz chat isn't used, the one for officers is enough.
2. 2 more officers
3. the spredsheets we have can all go into one, I know this is done by other factions, the less different sites and chats we have, the easier imo.
4. for now stats will go down to loyalty gain only, I will start doing net gain again once I have found a way to automate it, asked some contacts in IFS how they do it.
5. I like the way kfsw started to spred responsebilities over officers, mainly by assigning officers to 4-5 members. we need to continue this, less work for all, and one of the reasons I want more officers.
6. can someone contact ninja? I would like to know what his plans are.
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 am

What are their timezones, and the timezones of the remaining officers. We should just make sure there is at least 1, of not 2 people in every big region.

I'd seen ninja on and off a few weeks ago, and said he might be ready to come back or something like that. But i never saw him again.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:38 am

Remaining Officers

Dustangel: +7

kanichan: +1
bambam91: +1

Mark0628: -5
nossualc: -6
AcidFree: -8

(w_alloy: -9)

we have a good spread, sadly there are still sometimes no officers on to declare a new war...

I don't count myself here, I have too irregular sleep times, I'm more of a night person...

mos and metal are both +1.
Back to top Go down
Dustangel
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 am

I've been made an officer by kfsw only to help with starting wars. I'm not helping with administrating the faction. In fact, I'm reaching 2500 loyalty and leaving the faction (and not joining another).

Re: my timezone: I don't have a regular sleep-awake schedule, so that information is not going to help much.
Back to top Go down
Mark0628
Private
Private

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 am

i am willing to take lead and make this faction great. if you put your trust in me i cannot promice we will not fail but it will be one hell of a fun ride. that i can assure u
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:36 am

I'd suggest putting Mark as leader if ursus can no longer do it. He has some experience and from what I heard in the chats some drive to climb rankings as well.

Also the merger idea is good on paper if you can find a decent faction willing to make the move but you should take a good look at the rankings and players before you go through with anything. Hell I'd declare war on them just to test them out.

Anyhow not in the faction anymore, just my opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 am

Tehemai wrote:
I'd suggest putting Mark as leader if ursus can no longer do it. He has some experience and from what I heard in the chats some drive to climb rankings as well.

Also the merger idea is good on paper if you can find a decent faction willing to make the move but you should take a good look at the rankings and players before you go through with anything. Hell I'd declare war on them just to test them out.

Anyhow not in the faction anymore, just my opinion on the matter.

I second that motion, if Ursus agrees.
Back to top Go down
kfsw
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:32 am

i think you guys could merge with evo. but wikingz will be disbanded after that. talk to propovednik if interested, they have some issues too
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:09 am

I'm sorta up for anything, as long as it benefits the faction.

I fully support Mark taking over if Ursus wants to hand over that responsibility.

Merging with evo could be interesting if we aren't able to bring the faction back to full activity and all that.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 am

I think it is too early to merge/disband wikingz, lets see if we can move forward and give new leadership a chance...

And just a question, what lvl do we want new recruits coming in? And what activity do we advertise?

PS. We have a lvl 60 applying! Bring him in?
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 am

hey so ehm ive read this post multiple times but i never knew where i wanted to go with the faction. As i see it we got a few options:

we can A. Do nothing at all we do not consider the leaving spree we had as a big issue and just move on and see how it goes. as for the leadership problem, we should ask in the faction if there is anyone with quality's like kfsw. (referring to the database hacking thingy kfsw did to get that information) and then let that person do the controlling of the members and Ursus or any other officer who feels like doing it execute the rest of the leaders tasks CEO duality as you wil.

but we can also merge with evo as Kfsw said, solves the leadership problem easily but we will have to let alot of members and our own faction go.

and we can get a lower the merge with us this would give us an active members boost and we can tell the leader that as compensation for leaving his faction he will be leader of our faction. This means getting a faction that is willing to merge and has a strong capable leader.

I personally don't really care what it's gonna be, i don't like the game that much anymore and i think a bit of change might bring it back. So i'm leaving the choice up to you guys. Smile

grtz kani
Back to top Go down
Mosfet
Private
Private

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 am

I support any leader who promises that he/she won't let our faction decay.
Personally I don't like the idea of merging if we have to disband. If it comes to that, let Evo' disband (and in the same time to make space for them we could make a member cleanup too)
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I think I'm OK with allowing Wikingz to fall down in ranks and become a more loose faction so we can build ourselves up again when we have dedicated members.

Accepting users who are active (in wars and in chat) is more important to me than high leveled users.

Plus having softer stamina requirements might be better. Though at the moment its not like anything is being enforced really. But letting new members know there is a recommended amount, and not that they will be kicked if they don't produce a particular amount might be good.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 am

I see members leaving.. That's why I'll say to y'all officers: Recruit, Recruit, Recruit! We need members!!
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:34 pm

I really think it's time to consider disbanding... I hear you're down to 23 total members, some of which are no longer active. Also from what I heard, your war scores is perhaps not even top 100 faction material.

Unless someone wants to step up and work this faction like a full time job, it's time to put the old gal down. Sad

Hell I sometimes feel like I'm your most active member and I'm not even in the faction lol.
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: tehemai   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 am

How ever sad, I agree with Tehemai. I don't want the faction to drop down to never go up again. I think we had nice run and we had alot of nice people to do it with. We made it to the 5th place and people will remember that(; As for old friends and staying in touch, this forumis free for me to keep in the air and i don't mind managing it as a meeting place for old friends. So i also vote to disband the faction.

If we everyone agrees with this and people wonder what im gonna do. I will probably go to tyrants club or quit tyrant totally. But i will stay with the faction until it's actually disbanded. If there are mroe people who want to go to TC i will make arrangements with msb;)

greetings kani
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 pm

I think we've reached the point where its impossible to rebuild. Most members have just left, and with our poor performance and low activity no one wants to join. The members that do stay complain when there is no war, or when there is a war too often and we get farmed.

Any faction that we combined with would result in us going to them, in which case Wikingz would be defunct anyway.

The best thing to do would to be to tell members that we are disbanding in a week or whatever it ends up being, and tell them to search for another faction to join if they want. Maybe let them know which factions have been messaging us, and have them start there if they don't already have friends elsewhere.

I don't mind falling in the ranks, as I'm feeling like I need something more casual. But disbanding is also OK with me, and I'll just go join my old faction.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:17 pm

I have been in Wikingz in since we where all starting, so I have a very high loyalty to the faction. I would prefer a merge with what ever faction would want to take over the Wikingz brand and history. But that is just how I feel, heavily influenced by nostalgia (remembering all the good times). If you all feel like disbanding I understand and respect, but if someone want to carry on the mantel of the this once glorious faction, I would be extremely happy!
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I understand where you're coming from Nossualc but the faction is too far gone. Merging is no longer possible as no respectable faction will merge with you as they are also tied down by lp and they've mostly nearly caught up to the wikings fp. Don't see many people trading in their name and 5000 loyalty for 200 or so fp and considering the inactivity of allot of the current members, there's just too much dead weight, you're likely to continue sinking for awhile. If you want you can try offering the faction in the forums but that will most likely only serve to further tarnish the Wiking name. And once the faction has been given, who knows what will become of it, we won't have any control over putting it down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIKINGZ CRISIS   WIKINGZ CRISIS Empty

Back to top Go down

WIKINGZ CRISIS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next