The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leadership change

Go down 
AuthorMessage
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

Leadership change Empty
PostSubject: Leadership change   Leadership change EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi my fellow officers and trusted wikingz.

I've made public notice on why i stepped down. As kfsw already know there was another reason for this leadership change.
I thought i would inform all of you, about that.

My main reason is of course the time this games takes, and what it demands of a me as a leader.
With a demanding job and family also, i couldn't spend that much time.
For those of you that have been with me since we rebuild the faction in august you know i was much more active before then i've been in the last couple of months.

I was quite shocked to see what was happening when i come home from my army training.
Ninja had "quit?", other members was leaving and it was the start of the end for tLw if i had done nothing.
I knew that i couldn't spend time again to rebuild this faction, so i had to do what i thought would be the best solution.
As stated before we were in a process of increasing our requirements and strengthen our defense and offense, but that would have taken time.
And i didn't have time if players was leaving. I figured out that I only had at max 12 hours before enough players had left, and we would have been abandon by the rest.
This have happen to other faction before and i didn't want that to happen.

I asked my self a question. How can i stop this from happening?
The only answer i could come up with was to buy more time.
And how could i buy more time and stop members from leaving and make this faction a dead one.
The solution was to give members a feeling that this wasn't that bad, and we still had control of the situation.
In fact i didn't. I spoke to several members and it was only hours before they left (i will not say who, that will bring no good).
Part two of the solution was to step down. A new leader would get time to "rebuild"/restructure this faction, and i hoped that it would stop members from leaving.
I knew that our new leader must be a strong one and tougher than me, since we are not in the little league anymore.
After considering my current officers, i landed on kfsw.

I had a private conversation with kfsw and asked him about the leadership change.
I think we are on the same page, and we agreed on the main strategy for now.
All officers are safe, and i know that there have been discussions and feelings about a split between officers.
We both think that the current officers have done an excellent job under my leadership.
All officers have done what they should and could, based on my sayings and the rules, and there is nothing wrong in that.

The reason for choosing kfsw over officers that have had my back since the old days, wasn't that easy.
I knew kfsw had run top factions before, and i know he have what it takes to do this.
Kfsw have also been one of the officers that have done much since he joined us, even if he is one of our newest officers.
We needed sudden hard changes fast, and i know some of our members and even officers might not like this.
In my mind i found kfsw the best candidate for this job.

I now see where my strategy failed.
I had to much success under ninja, and i failed to adjust to new limits in time.
I've started the changes, but it took longer than we had.
The bottom 5 system will increase faction performance over time.
We are also in process of strengthen our defense.

I think it would have been problematic to make drastic changes under my leadership, and i think i would have lost a lot of players also. Perhaps to many to rebuild again without dropping down to top 20-50.
I will not go into details about these changes that i would had to do, but some of them are already in place from kfsw.

I hope all of you understand that this wasn't done easy, and i always have the best intentions for this faction, like the rest of you.

I hope you all will support kfsw the way you supported me. It have been a pleasure to take this faction from lvl 4 way down the ranking list to the top 10.
It has been an honor to be your leader for this time, and i gladly will follow this faction in a role as an officer.

Plex0n

Back to top Go down

Leadership change
Page 1 of 1