The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dustangel's surge decks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustangel
corporal
corporal

Dustangel's surge decks Empty
PostSubject: Dustangel's surge decks   Dustangel's surge decks EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:43 am

I use two decks for surging, switching between them when I start running into a lot of bad matchups.

Dracorex
1x Ravenous Dredge
1x Stealthy Niaq
1x Rifter
1x Hades
4x Sundering Ogre
1x Elemental
1x Electromagnetic Pulse

Atlas
1x Tiamat
1x Predator
1x Omega (Rox is better)
1x Ravenous Dredge
1x Fighter Jet
1x Stealthy Niaq
1x Dozer Tank
1x Mortar Bunker
2x Electromagnetic Pulse

Each has their strong and weak points.

Ogre deck

vs Fear

For the ogre deck, the weak point is obviously fear. Still, I manage to grab at least 1 win in 4 matches vs fear decks when I have a fast start with Niaq/Dredge, maybe even Rifter/Pulse if they start with a structure. If you have both Niaq and Dredge, drop Niaq first. Other than that, there are no complex decisions, you just need to make sure you can count the damage that will be dealt to you next turn, and sometimes calculate the expectation of winning vs surrendering, when it is influenced by a random event (Dracorex weakening Grim Specter or not).

vs Strike

Lucina is probably slithtly scarier than Atlas, and Lucina-Hunter start is gg. In this matchup you just drop all your Ogres first most of the time and hope they survive. Sometimes you have an opening to drop Dredge vs Niaq or something like that and try to wreck them from there.

vs Ogre

This matchup depends on whether or not they drop Asylum turn 2-4. If they do, there's almost nothing you can do, barring some crazy Niaq jams. So when they start dropping Ogres, assume there's no Asylum and act accordingly. That means finding a way to drop an extra one point damage on their ogres. Again, start dropping your Ogres first, as they are the only answer to opposing Ogres. If you have Rifter, drop it turn 2. If you don't have Rifter but have EMP, save it until the last possible moment, when you can kill most ogres with it. Try to drop Rifter/Hades ASAP, but make sure they're safe from crushing damage from Ogres. However, sometimes you will need to take risks sometimes, as the enemy will eventually drop Asylum, and it will start killing your Ogres much faster, and you need to have your strikers online first.

vs Raiders

I'd call this a tricky matchup, but then again, you need to drop Ogres first as meatshields and watch careful when their Command Centers will become active and do everything in your power to prevent two of them being online simultaneously, as that will kill you. The enemy will eventually stop spamming creatures and start dropping structures, so it will give you breathing room to drop your weaker units.

vs SC

There are two ways to kill SC deck. First, drop a fear unit sooner than they will drop their Elemental. Second, deal massive strike damage in one turn with Hades/Rifter/EMP. Plan accordingly, drop your weaker units opposite from SCs (which do not deal any damage), and Ogres opposite from anything else. The most problematic cards for you will be Gorivore and Ram. If you see them, drop Niaq/Dredge or maybe Ogre opposite from them, and all your strikers immediately after, as you need to kill them fast.

vs Wall

You'll just kill them almost every time.

Strike deck

That's actually an old deck everyone should be familiar with, so I'm not going to write semi-detailed guides for it. When I run into a lot of bad matchups with Ogres (mostly into Fear), I switch to this deck. Most of the time, it does good vs those decks that Ogres do bad against.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

Dustangel's surge decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dustangel's surge decks   Dustangel's surge decks EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 am

[quote="Dustangel"]I use two decks for surging, switching between them when I start running into a lot of bad matchups.

Atlas
1x Tiamat
1x Predator
1x Omega (Rox is better)
1x Ravenous Dredge
1x Fighter Jet
1x Stealthy Niaq
1x Dozer Tank
1x Mortar Bunker
2x Electromagnetic Pulse

This is the one I use
Back to top Go down