The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

another attempt for chatroom

Go down 
+7
DestinyLig
torquer
kanichan
Mosfet
screwball
Tehemai
nossualc
11 posters
AuthorMessage

another attempt for chatroom Empty
PostSubject: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 pm

after we cover biggest hole - activity, and we start gaining points, not losing, i want us all to get a place where we can talk private. kong chat sucks badly:
1. we have spies in our room all the time
2. conversations of managment are impossible to do, cause after /w /w /w /w /w /w /w /w /w i just get sick of it
3. there is no history of chat, no chance to read what happened before if connection fails or something else happens

i tried with irc, but this is a technology hard to use and unpleasant, especially for younger people.

so i choose google talk. it has history, is easy to login, easy to establish any amount of chatrooms, easy to leave messages to people.

everyone who have gmail address and are willing to use it, please send mail to kfswww@gmail.com for more instructions.
if you dont have gmail, make one and send me mail for instructions. i know a lot of you dont want to use different chats, but i need to insist on it. it will make our group more solid, chats will be secure, everything written in chat will be easy to recall, and i will have mobile access to the chat.
Back to top Go down
nossualc
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 pm

does one have to have a gmail account to do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 pm

have or make new for the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 pm

What's nice about kong chat is that it's in the same window as tyrant. It makes it convenient, we could always use tyrant chat and forum for important stuff. I know it's not ideal but as it is, it seems very inconvenient to open another window, especially considering i usually already have my monitor showing 2-3 windows (this might be the case for others too). Also making a gmail for just this reason seems like overkill. There may be some added lag issues for some as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Tehemai wrote:
What's nice about kong chat is that it's in the same window as tyrant. It makes it convenient, we could always use tyrant chat and forum for important stuff. I know it's not ideal but as it is, it seems very inconvenient to open another window, especially considering i usually already have my monitor showing 2-3 windows (this might be the case for others too). Also making a gmail for just this reason seems like overkill. There may be some added lag issues for some as well.

1. tyrant chat from other factions is easy to read when you know how to do it. most factions above us know.
2. i know kong chat is convenient but i know too that best top factions use separate, secure rooms.
3. gmail is way more powerful than just a chat, i know it. it will give us possibility to run secure google docs, you can attach gtalk account to almost every instant messaging app, and notifying of gtalk open in gmail has small non-intrusive popups on the bottom of the screen.

i will always listen to you - members in most cases. but this is priority for me. i dont want to get every person to secure irc and tell how to do it. gtalk is easier

kfsw
Back to top Go down
screwball
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 am

IRC chat is still the best option out there, it's very easy to configure using the mIRC client, as compared to just using Mibbit. If you're willing to use the in-built IRC for Firefox (for those that use this) then it wouldn't be so much of a hassle.

I don't mind using Gmail, but that alone is troublesome in itself. Perhaps I'm rather used to IRCchat, so it doesn't seem to be as much of a hassle as what kfsw makes it out to be. IRC barely uses resources, is one of the most stable and untampered chat-function for so long.

Perhaps it is better for some who like opening several tabs and windows and using several monitors to try to remember that sometimes, less is better. I used to have a habit of having 20 tabs opened, but it used up so much resources and slowed the PC down. But, it is up to individual choice.

I'm still up for IRC chat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 am

like i wrote before, this is my priority. officers have 3 days to join. members have 14 days to join. after that i will send warnings in stats
Back to top Go down
Mosfet
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 am

In my country Google demands way too much personal data which I'm not willing to give out - from phone numbers to other shit.
A secured mibbit room would do the same, and making an on-screen instructions of how to do it takes like 10 minutes.
Also activity bots can be installed there, and auto-logon scripts as well, so there would be a better track of what is going on.
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: re::   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 am

hey,
as i said in the first 10 topics that were started about this, i will not use an external chat.
if you want a chat without spies use the one on the forum, it has history, is even easyer to access and
you can open it in both a new browser window and on the forum. So if you insist on using an external chat
this would be the chat i would "consider" to use other then that no.
Back to top Go down
torquer
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 am

I'm in agreement with kanichan on this one. There's kong chat for general communication with whoever's on. We have a faction chat for announcements, like which war to be putting our stam into. And we have the forums for all necessary, or private communication. Why do we need another place? I'm one of the most active members, with some of the highest LP, but I'm not going to hassle with keeping another page open every time I get on tyrant, just to chat when there's a perfectly acceptable one right next to the tyrant window. I doubt I'm alone in this either.
Back to top Go down
DestinyLig
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

Play the game for fun, not for extra work.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:47 am

As I said before, I as well have a bit of a problem with this. I might join if it's necessary but I definitely won't be logging on every time I'm on tyrant. At best, I'll be checking it out like I do a forums. Probably once or twice a day and in that case it'll be pretty useless. Also my gmail account is for school and work and already having 2 hotmail accounts on top of that, I'd rather not have another email to manage.

I still think we can manage with kong chat. We can always pm for data that requires more security. As it stands, there are members not even willing to change their chatroom to 20 when they log in. I really doubt they'll go through this painful process. And hey, we wont have TC to chat with when were bored if we do this =P. All in all, I think this chat will end up pretty dead.
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 pm

I kinda don't mind either way. I have gchat integrated into the IM client I use, and its always open on my computer when I'm around. Adding another account to that doesn't bother me.

But I'm also fine with Kong chat too. There are work arounds for dealing with spies and other such things. If it becomes a problem then we would just need to be more careful.

We also have the forum, and for important stuff we can attempt to give it a more active role in communications.
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:33 pm

I agree with acid, I use trillian anyways all the time, so It doesn't bother me, I might even use it when I'm not on kong or playing another game, kong chats tend to keep me from werking, so sometimes I avoid them Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:56 am

25% of faction signed to chatroom. we barely have moments of silence, in opposite to room 20.
Back to top Go down
kfsw
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 am

17 members signed in. waiting for the rest

Smile
Back to top Go down
panda314

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Well I play this for fun, if you wanna kick me for not joining a new chat. Then so be it, I'm not the most active one right now anyways.

I'm not really a chat guy, beacuse sitting guarding a window isn't really my thing. Been there, done that and it eat to much of my free time.
Scrolling thourgh pages of history only to find that yellow snow isn't good for you... or getting bash on that I'm never around and yet I'm in the chat.

I get bored easly, hell I couldn't even keep track of the chat when I was raidng seriusly in WoW.
If you wanna talk, leave me a PM or a log at the faction chat and I will poke you.

I'm not a fan of forums either, but I understand it purpose, so I use it. I will check it from time to time and I tends to miss things from time to time, so poke me If I would have miss something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another attempt for chatroom   another attempt for chatroom Empty

Back to top Go down

another attempt for chatroom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: General-
Jump to: