The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MMORPG research

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:27 am

Hi all,

Name is Matthew, and I'm from the small island of Malta. I am currently a member of the local University research group which is doing a study on browser-based MMORPGs. My initial work is to gather as much info from highly experienced players as possible about pros and cons of browser-based vs. stand-alone games of this genre. Later on, I'll be dealing with the levels of 'immersion' and 'flow' as well.
I was generously offered to join this forum by Tim to get a closer look at how factions work and also possibly to see if there are any other members who wish to help us out in this research but answering a few questions. As for confidentiality issues, I will not use any information in this forum without consent from the source. And if any of you are interested in a copy of the research paper, I'll be more than happy to send it to you once the study is complete.

I'll not interfere in the general talk unless specifically asked to do so. I will be asking some general questions, is all.

Any members who find any objection to my presence here please say so or speak directly to Tim about it.

Also, even though I play Tyrant, I belong to no faction. So ease your thoughts about some undercover spy work Wink

Thanks
MAtthew
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: @ ALL   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 am

Hey guys,

Just an FYI I'm Tim Wink
Back to top Go down

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:04 am

what?
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 am

I've approved this query from Matthew forwarded from kani.
Back to top Go down
Mark0628
Private
Private

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:23 am

id be more than happy to help you out if you want it. i was the former leader of 2 top 10 factions in this game respectively Men of Mayhem and Mayhem Militia.
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Sounds interesting! any chance we can get a glimpse at your work when you are close to done?
Back to top Go down
Matt

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 am

Many thanks for the support!

AcidFree, I can do better than that, I can send you the full research paper once its done. However since it will be copyrighted to the published I couldn't send information beforehand.

Mark0628, many thanks for your offer.

At the moment I'm compiling some data about Tyrant itself and also getting some info from the players about their motivations. The main tool that will be used in this research will be a survey that I will be posting on the Kongregate forum. That will be done later however, because there is still much to learn.

AcidFree and Mark0628, could you please send an email over to spagnol.matthew@gmail.com (my personal e-mail) so I can send over a couple of questions please?

Once more, thanks a lot guys!
Matthew
Back to top Go down

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 am

ALRIGHT!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MMORPG research Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMORPG research   MMORPG research Empty

Back to top Go down

MMORPG research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: General-
Jump to: