The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

top 10 and catfacing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

top 10 and catfacing Empty
PostSubject: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:44 pm

we are in top 10 now. every day members leave, new members come, quite natural process i think. but some of them will become officers in some time, and the risk of catfacing our faction rises.

i propose a change of faction rules to prevent catfacing:
1. we set up managment of the faction in rules. i propose it to be 5 - members - Plex0n, screwball, kanichan, N1njaStr1ker and me.
2. managment starts wars or writes on faction chat who to attack, decides of everything that needs decision. Plex of course has the absolute rights here as the leader, and we (4 officers) do pretty much the same things we do now.
2. we give officer status to every member that gets 1000/1500/2000lp (highlight option you like). this means old members can be kicked only by leader.
3. lp officers can start wars only if we send info to faction chat, and accept applicants only if we send info to faction chat. no kicking allowed

profits:
1. no core members can be kicked by a spy officer
2. most of the faction can start a war. if we keep posting targets, members will like it cause there are no dead periods.
(standard chat message: start war: evocati, italian, dragons, rhinos, warmongers, priority from left to right)
3. most of the members can accept applicant when he shows, which is quite important sometimes, cause applicants arent patient
4. i know we have officers from europe, america and asia, but some of us may be absent and then we have a hole.
5. if anyone tries to do stupid things, latest update of tyrant will show us who did the stupid thing and we can talk to him / demote
6. i used this system in kfsw destroyers for 2 months. it really worked.

problems:
1. its unusual to have 70% of faction as officers. may cause some problems, but it didnt before.
2. after update showing, who did declare/kick/accept, we can track everything, so the "hidden declarer" issue doesnt exist

what is catfacing? kicking all members you can, usually done by a spy. done for first time on hellcats by captain catface
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am

hey,

Every day members leave and new members come, I think it would be better if we tryed to prevent this rather then accept it.

profits (counter arguments)

1. People only become officer in our faction if they have helped the faction in a exceptional way. So the chance that we get a spy officer is close to 0

2. I dont experience alot of dead periods i think we should ask if there are any members who do experience those periods. Also if we make everyone officer
people can declare a war that is to hard for the amount of members that is online.

3. If an applicant just applys to our faction without asking any of the officers and does not have the patience to wait for 6 houres (i think we do have a officer online every 6 houres) I think he does not belong in our faction.

4. same as 2.

5. imo better to prevent then to fix.

6. don't think this is a profit.

Extra problems:

All i have put in the upper points +

1. a "spy" officer can declare on MoM or worse an allie or gain us +1 or +2 infamy this would damage the faction for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm

I think the best option for us now is to keep current system.
I've had the auto promotion on lp before and it isn't a good system.

I think that we need about 10-20% officers (5-10) from different timezones.
We can even make region leaders, that controls the faction status when the clock is in their timezone. (US/Europe/Asia???)

I've also had specific tasks distributed before, and that worked quite well, until some of the officers didn't manage the tasks they were set to do.
If that was because it was to much to do, or they got less time playing, i don't know. But 1 or 2 defensive officer with responsibly to manage defensive decks, and others for offensive decks.
I also had spys and recruitment officers.
I abandon this system, because it gets to personal dependent on a few members, so i rather have a pool of officers that split and do the tasks that need to be done. This seems to work great.
Team work is a great thing Smile

As i can see now we have in our pool to few officers, and i would like that we get the defense decks around in the faction distributed and set up in a balanced way.
So my question is still who to promote?

So far we haven't had any problem with members getting kicked due to a spy. I know that we have had spy in our faction before, and we will prob get it again, but they can't actually do harm if they don't become officers.
I also think that an officer status should be hard to get, and it should come with responsibilities also.
We have ben that is from Asia (Hong Kong) as an officer and i would like that we get 3 officers from each region. That should get us 9 officers, and we should be able to build this faction around 9 officers (+ me or included me).

Applicant should be approved by an officer that can and will vote for that player. In this case the officers need to get to know this player and should also be tracking him in the beginning of his membership.
When it comes to the upcoming war list, i would like to see a plan for the next 3-5 wars. This can be done as you wrote, but i think we can stick to the officers club with this information. We might need to change this list or delay it based on incoming wars and members online and of infamy.

I think this covers it all for now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

ok, so i back out from my suggestions.

as for promoting officers:
my proposals for officers watching decks: garrett8, geeper, mark0628 - they have highest win/loss ratio which means they know how to play. right after them are screwball, falos, tehemai.

time zones:
plexon - europe
me - europe
kanichan - europe
screwball - asia
ninja - america
bensonk - ben - asia?
nossualc - america
sieht - europe

kanichan: sorry for mistake. so we are full in europe, need asian and american

Last edited by kfsw on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: @ geography   top 10 and catfacing EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 am

land: netherlands: region: europe
Back to top Go down
N1njaStr1ker
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 am

I agree with Kani and Plex on this. We have enough officers and I never see down time. Dont need the chaos that comes from to many officers. But I do agree that Mark and Geeper can be officers and they will help start wars etc.

Im working on getting Ralkk, ohio, Dakota, BurnOne, Merkavah into this faction. If it happens it will be just after Thanksgiving.

Let keep recruiting and weeding out the inactives and poor players and we will be ready for top 5.
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:31 am

I know that mark is in eastern us time, and i will be appointing him as an new officer now.

We should still try to increase or asian time officers.

Open for suggestions if anyone knows about someone that i don't.

What timezone is Geeper in ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top 10 and catfacing   top 10 and catfacing Empty

Back to top Go down

top 10 and catfacing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: Officers club-
Jump to: