The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRC and google talk

Go down 
+3
N1njaStr1ker
Mark0628
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
7 posters
AuthorMessage

IRC and google talk Empty
PostSubject: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 pm

if i'm not the only one thinking that kong chat communication sucks, i prepared room in irc

go to #drakkar.pub, register your name and wait for acceptance to #drakkar

i am a heavy user of google talk too, so if you want to communicate with me this way, add kfswww [at] gmail [dot] com to contacts and write to me
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Cant we just use the chat that actieforum gives us?
Back to top Go down
Mark0628
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 am

kfsw wrote:
if i'm not the only one thinking that kong chat communication sucks, i prepared room in irc

go to #drakkar.pub, register your name and wait for acceptance to #drakkar

i am a heavy user of google talk too, so if you want to communicate with me this way, add kfswww [at] gmail [dot] com to contacts and write to me

trust me ive been through alot of chat channels with my previous factions the best way to go is to just make a non private channel on mibbit.
Back to top Go down
N1njaStr1ker
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:18 am

is this on mibbit if not can we switch it there i dont need 100000000 chat cnannels and site to go to
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:43 am

I think there is already a irc chat on mibbit. i registered for one a couple of weeks back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 am

i treat the room as test - every faction from top 5 has a irc chatroom.

plex: i didnt find info in forums. plus i want to make it secure. we had a situation when a person stopped coming to irc and someone used her nickname as disguise, geeting all necessary info.

mark: it is just alternative for room 20. i dont know if its going to work for more than few officers.

ninja: it is on mibbit, but you are already in.
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am

There was an officer that made it, if i'm not mistaken, could be a member also.
I remember because kani didn't agree, and he think we should use the build in chat in forum.
I agreed with kani then.

I think the whole thing just was put on ice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:43 pm

everyday we have spies in room 20. please join #drakkar.pub on irc for more instructions, to get us all chatting in PRIVATE and SECURE place
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: re at subject   IRC and google talk EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:00 am

hey,

I don't want to make a problem but i personally don't like having to go to 3 different website just to play a game.
We got alot of members using the forum now so i don't see why we should not use the chatroom that is on the forum.

there are currently 0 user(s) on the ChatBox :
[ Join the Chat ]

If you click that button in the bottom of the screen a new page opens with a chatroom on full screen.

If you just click the log in button (top right corner on the chat box) then you join the chat in the same screen as the forum.

My question, Why should we put in alot of effort to make an irc?

greetz, Kani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:21 am

kani: sure, why not. 2 questions. do we have access to logs of talks? can you change settings of chat and get rid of timeout?

we need a decision and put our decision into rules. i dont care where we meet as long its private
Back to top Go down
w_alloy
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 am

I for one don't see the big deal with spies. Maybe I'm alone in this, and if that's the case please carry on, but allow me to explain myself first.

If we're talking about strategy, if they are from a top faction then chances are they already have heard very similar strategy discussions and them hearing that we like (for example) ram over abominable horror isn't gonna change anything. If the idea is genuinely novel it should be posted on forum anyways to get a larger audience and more detailed discussion. If they aren't from a top faction and our strategy discussion is educating them, they can't touch us anyways so no harm done.

If we're gossiping about other factions, who cares who hears. Just use a little discretion and take it to PMs or the forum if there's a chance at blowback (which is rare).

When we're deciding who to attack, if there is anything sensitive going into that decision (which seems rare) then take it to PMs, use faction chat, or set up a smaller chatroom for officers (easy to find quick temporary chat on the internet).

Usually Tyrant is not the primary thing I am doing (chronic multitasker) so the chances of me joining a chat on a 3rd party site are slim. I know I'm not alone in this.
Back to top Go down
tRiGGa420
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 am

w_alloy wrote:
I for one don't see the big deal with spies. Maybe I'm alone in this, and if that's the case please carry on, but allow me to explain myself first.

If we're talking about strategy, if they are from a top faction then chances are they already have heard very similar strategy discussions and them hearing that we like (for example) ram over abominable horror isn't gonna change anything. If the idea is genuinely novel it should be posted on forum anyways to get a larger audience and more detailed discussion. If they aren't from a top faction and our strategy discussion is educating them, they can't touch us anyways so no harm done.

If we're gossiping about other factions, who cares who hears. Just use a little discretion and take it to PMs or the forum if there's a chance at blowback (which is rare).

When we're deciding who to attack, if there is anything sensitive going into that decision (which seems rare) then take it to PMs, use faction chat, or set up a smaller chatroom for officers (easy to find quick temporary chat on the internet).

Usually Tyrant is not the primary thing I am doing (chronic multitasker) so the chances of me joining a chat on a 3rd party site are slim. I know I'm not alone in this.

Yea I totally agree with this I would much rather stick to room #20 and not have to deal with another program, realistically if people are that interested in what we are doing let them be...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRC and google talk   IRC and google talk Empty

Back to top Go down

IRC and google talk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: General-
Jump to: