The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To My Friends:

Go down 
+4
Tehemai
torquer
bensonk
fadeinlight
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

To My Friends: Empty
PostSubject: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm

To My Friends,

Doubtless you are wondering why I’ve left The Lost Wikingz. You might be tempted to suspect that I might be unhappy or angry about something, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the exact opposite is true: I’m enjoying myself far too much playing in this faction, to the point that I am neglecting obligations in real life.

Today, I got back a test in my Differential Equations and Linear Algebra class, and I’d gotten 65%. I have never gotten anything even close to that bad. While part of the reason is that my teacher is a dimwit, the larger part is that I have neglected my studies in favor of playing this game. That stops now.

I have a very good chance of getting into an impacted major at UC Berkeley, given my qualifications. However, if I get anything less than an “A” in this class, it will put those chances in serious jeopardy. Differential Equations play a critical part of my intended major, and this is the last semester that they will consider when making their determinations as to who gets in.

I have worked long and hard to get to this point, and I simply cannot toss it aside. I will have a chance to change the world, have a positive impact on society, and make enough money so that my parents can finally retire in the comfort they deserve. For once, I will be able to give instead of take…and I have much giving to do before I break even.

I will be stopping by to visit periodically, but I likely won’t be on much for the next two months. Even after that I will be busy…with a winter semester, extremely busy spring semester, and probable internship at CalTech in the summer, it is likely that I won’t be able to play at full capacity for a very long time. I certainly won’t be joining any other factions—if I log on it will just be to say “hello” to all of my friends here.

I wish you all the best of luck, although I know you won’t need it. Although nothing could dissuade me from this decision, I certainly would have felt more guilt if I didn’t know that fabric of leadership and membership in this faction were sound. The Lost Wikingz are going to the top, and I am proud to have made a meaningful contribution to that effort.

Please give my regards to our friends in Chat room #20, and tell MsButterworth that I’ll log on when I’ve been accepted to Cal (for those of you that don’t know, she’s a neuroscientist over there).

Yours,
Fadeinlight

P.S.
Anyone who wishes to reach me can do so at fadeinlight@hotmail.com. Also, make sure to PM Zaraki and tell her that you will need to start a new official recruitment thread, since nobody will be able to edit the one I made way back when we were #88 
Back to top Go down
bensonk
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 pm

I will super miss u, fade!
I put all my effort in playing this game as well, and my GPA is "steaming" as well! I should consider back to my study as well :S
hope u all the best in your study, fade!
remember come back with us when u are free!!!
Wikingz are always your home and welcome u as always!
Thanks for the contribution u done on Wikingz!
Back to top Go down
torquer
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Best luck to you man. I fully understand where you're coming from. I've got a take home test due at 3 tomorrow which I have yet to start, yet here I am on the forums. =/ I hope you pull through in Diff EQ. If it makes you feel any better, that was the only 200 series math class I didn't get an 'A' in. But you don't want to hear that, since your trying to get into Cal. =x Anyway, I'm sure you'll do fine. Come back and say hello whenever you can.
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I know how you feel fade... I had to drop a course too this semester and I probably wouldn't have needed to if I played less and studied more. Good luck fade in your course fade, grats on being able to pull yourself away from the game to work on what's really important. You will be missed.
Back to top Go down
AcidFree
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Good luck! You will be missed!
Back to top Go down
screwball
sergeant
sergeant

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:58 pm

On a similar note, ScottG7 is also announcing his departure from the game. He's been having a real bad run of luck in this game so far, despite having stayed positive and even supporting the game. The constant losses feeds into and gets on his anger issues, and together, these are affecting his health, taking a toll on it. The losses he felt have made him very uncomfortable and unable to sleep, getting tightness in the chest and not being able to see straight and well after a game.

He says he will try to pop by every once in awhile to say hello, however, he is undecided if he'd rejoin the game. Nonetheless, we wish him all the best, and the best of health for his sake.

On behalf of Scott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:26 pm

good luck man! we didnt have the opportunity to know each other better, but life isnt always kind to almost-no-life gamers Very Happy
good you choose reality
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:57 am

Respect!.

You are always welcome here fade, and your contribution have been great.
We will miss you, and i hope that you find time to visit us sometimes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 am

Yah, if a game is having a bad effect upon RL, then definitely step away.

Take it easy guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 am

Thank you Fade for recruiting me and helping me out along the way. You always answered my questions and were always thoughtful and nice. I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 am

I WILL MISS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad

godd luck men, if u need anything count on me, if u want to reach me, here u go:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Fade,

You've been here with me since the up's and down's since we were ranked 88.
I sure do hope you will come back. So go and tackle your work and the world and dont forget about us.

Till then Fade...

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by RobloxRazgriz-TLW on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for all the kind words Smile

Perhaps you could email me the information you compile on other factions' defenses periodically? I'd like to try and keep up with what's going on with the game, even though I'm not playing. Perhaps I could build some surge decks for you guys every once in awhile...

These were some of the better decks I'd come up with for Fluffy Bunny Brigade (the others have been posted in various places throughout these forums):

1. Dracorex,Vigil,Vigil,Orbo the Wrathful,Vigil,Elemental,Vigil,Vigil,Stealthy Niaq,Bridge of Destiny,Support Carrier
2. Stavros,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Pathrazer,Beholder,Pathrazer
3. Lord of Tartarus,Grim Specter,Grim Specter,Grim Specter,Grim Specter,Grim Specter,Grim Specter,Beholder,Asylum,Asylum,Grim Specter
4. Invasion Coordinator,Revoker,Revoker,Revoker,Predator,Stealthy Niaq,Beetle Bomber,Beetle Bomber,Beetle Bomber,Rifter,Revoker
5. Thaddius, Stormrunner, 9x Irradiated Infantry

#3 is the best, at 57% success rate surging on auto (95% on fight), followed by #2. The others are about 50% success on auto-surge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To My Friends:   To My Friends: Empty

Back to top Go down

To My Friends:
Page 1 of 1