The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fadeinlight
captain
captain

Orbo the Wrathful:  worth it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?   Orbo the Wrathful:  worth it or not? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm

I purchased Orbo the Wrathful about three days after it came out. 150 wb seemed like a lot, and I really wanted to be able to test it in the battle simulator before I tried it. After NETRAT updated the .xml sheets you need to see the new cards, I was able to test it and came up with a pretty good deck (one that I'm still using today, although it's going to change as we get more data on the top 10 factions).

Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
-Not many people have it, so not many people build defense decks that specifically target it.
-150 wb is actually a bargain for a legendary card. Let's say that you were trying to get Odin out of the Purity pack: since there's 14 gold/legendary cards in Purity, it would cost you 350 wb on average to get it. Of course, you'd get other cards as well...but if you only wanted Odin, you'd be wasting that much wb trying to get it.
-paired with support carriers, you've got a deck that laughs at structure-based decks.

Cons:
-the kind of decks that work with this card are similar to the ones that work with Apollo in many cases. Since a lot of people in the top factions defend against Apollo slow-rolls, you're susceptible to those defense decks as well (mainly fear decks).
-150 wb buys 6 grim specters or 6 beetle bombers. Those probably have more value right now.
-If you want to protect cards with high attack and low health, Odin is probably a better choice since it's 2-drop.
-huge weakness to fear decks, especially grim specters. Paired with support carriers, it's also weak to daemon spam and quick-drop uniques.

At this point, we're seeing a lot of defense that targets slow-rolls and support carriers specifically. I'm currently looking for that next great deck, but I need more data first. I'm not unhappy that I made the purchase at all...but if I didn't have Orbo the Wrathful, I would definitely spend the wb on something else...especially with the next expansion ~1 month away.
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?   Orbo the Wrathful:  worth it or not? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 am

I wonder is they will have anymore Legends in the store
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?   Orbo the Wrathful:  worth it or not? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:43 pm

RobloxRazgriz-TLW wrote:
I wonder is they will have anymore Legends in the store

They said that they will. They intend to make some changes to the store, although it's kind of up in the air at this point in time. They definitely stated that they will have other legendaries, although they will probably be priced similarly to Orbo the Wrathful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?   Orbo the Wrathful:  worth it or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Orbo the Wrathful: worth it or not?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: General-
Jump to: