The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Origin of your nickname!

Go down 
+6
Falos
torquer
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
fadeinlight
plex0n
kanichan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kanichan
captain
captain

Origin of your nickname! Empty
PostSubject: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:27 am

Hellooo,

Ok so since alot of you have an intresting nickname i figured that there must be a story behind them. Post that story here!

Ill start but sadly enough the story isnt that great Razz
I read a book (don't recall which) where i read this name. Then i started playing some samurai game (don't recall which)
and i used kanichan there. Then i started kongregate and i didnt want to use my regular nicknames so i used kanichan ones more. Smile

edit: i also got two other nicks from WoW first also randomly generated (farín) 2nd also from a book called "the eldest" by Christopher Paolini.
This was Falberd

greet Kani

Last edited by kanichan on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 am

My origin story is super lame...I played WoW and my main was randomly generated name from that. Really liked it and kept it since then. I have 2 other handles i use for other games but i mostly use Kilros
Back to top Go down
plex0n
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Back to the old times   Origin of your nickname! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Well. I'll take the long history of my nicks.

It started way back in the time before internet was public, and we where playing doom2, quake and all the other great games from that time period.
Actually, its also from the time me and my best friend (not lee_tex, also my best friend) nicked count, later q0unt, started the Bulletin Bord System (BBS) with warez.
Of course the name of this BBS was nothing else than The Lost Wikingz (tLw).
We run a BBS system named iniquity, witch was the best BBS system made. This was the time when you actually needed contacts to get anywhere in the warez business.
My nick was HeLLmaKEr back than, (yeah, i was young and stupid).
I didn't go long before i improved my nick. The new name was ZeNo. (Much better????).
I used this nick for a long time, until the warez hub in Direct Connect, named Paradise, i was using was busted by the scene. They posted a list of if and members of the hub after they hacked it.
The reason for this, was that we were so good connected into the scene, that we actually had stuff before the entire scene had replicated it to all scene ftp. (just to clarify, i wasn't running that hub).
I then changed my nick instantly, and what popped up in my head was Plex0n.
The reason for this nick is also a story behind. It was in 1994 in Hamar, Norway i was attending the event named The Gathering. Worlds largest temporary lan party, with 5000 people connection to the lan. This is held every easter.
At this time it was when the first hollywood films started to be released on wares sites with good quality. I remember getting Scream in very good quality.
During the 5 days that The Gathering lasted, i remember my cd burner working 24/5. This was a 2x SCSI burner from Plextor. This was an quite expensive piece of hardware back then, so i remember that we broke it the week after the lan party.
I will always remember TG, and i visited it once more some years after.
From the name of this CD-Burner Plextor i got the name Plex and i needed a ending that would make me unique. So i added 0n at the end.
I've used Plex0n from that moment to now, and i managed to get all the major e-mail addresses with plex0n at the start.

The name of the BBS was meant to be The Last Wiking, but we where two so we changed it to The Lost Wikingz. This was also the time when lee_tex (previous LeeMaN) joined us also.
If you search the Internet for warez with a tLw ending, u might find some still out there. Take a look at the file_id.diz in the zip file and you will find the stamp we used back then.

Well. i told u it was a long story. I hope you enjoyed it.

Plex0n
Back to top Go down
fadeinlight
captain
captain

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:44 pm

fadeinlight is just something I came up with while pecking away for hours trying to find a hotmail handle that felt right. I'm a good-old, down-home Southern California industrial goth kind-of-guy at heart. I made it quite a few years ago while I was living in Vegas and pretty heavily involved in a lot of self-destructive habits. It came about because I was trying to describe that feeling of dread from being wide awake and watching the sun creep in through the curtains at dawn...like you have to hide now and take part in the real world, faking that you're normal and everything is fine. Those were dark times.

My usual handle is Alienprophecy. That one has a crazy history that I'll elaborate on later, but suffice it to say that it involves a crazy acid trip from over a decade ago, a vision quest, and Area 51 at 3:33 AM...
Back to top Go down
RobloxRazgriz-TLW
Major
Major
RobloxRazgriz-TLW

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 pm

My Nick came from a game called ace combat 5: the unsung war.
Im a Avation freak so i play alot of avation games.

Anyway Razgriz was a name a of squadren of fighters that was formed after their government went corrupt.

I just like how it was a poem too,

Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.

Main point, Razgriz solves problems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
torquer
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 am

I've used the handle 'torque' for quite a while now. Unfortunately it was taken when i joined kongregate, and 'torquer' seemed better to me than 'torquex'......that sounds like a female hygiene product. Wink The story behind it is quite simple. I used to have some other lame names when I was younger, but when I started school for engineering, i wan't something that was related to math or physics. I was also big into cars, and horsepower. I came up with Torque: a force applied along a moment arm. Or often written as M = Fd, where M = moment, F = force, d = distance.
Back to top Go down
Falos
Private
Private
Falos

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm well aware of what my handle implies linguistically, but NO THAT'S NOT WHY.

Perhaps 15+ years ago as a small boy, I had to come up with a name for an SNES RPG belonging to my older cousin, "Secret of Evermore", and ever since then I've used Falos, sounds like "hallow".

Some of my WoW alts have reference names and such, but a few have names like Rylos (lock), Mortelos (DK), and Kumalos (druid).
Back to top Go down
Tehemai
sergeant
sergeant
Tehemai

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Said it before in chat but my nickname is a name I use when testing things out. Originally it was the fake email i created as a kid to register to websites... I wanted Tehemail@... (dont want your spam lol) but Tehemail was taken so I just took of the l cause I found it sounded catchy (it might have also been suggested by the website)... Been using it ever since though my email has since been hacked and people are starting to use the name O.o. Dam wannabes.
Back to top Go down
Rexahl
Private
Private

PostSubject: My nick   Origin of your nickname! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 am

Mines very simple. Rex is Latin for king, like T-rex. My last name is Ahl (pronounced all). So it's like King of everything, which is patently not true about me at all. If I had my druthers I would have gone with Caldaren, which I had the idea from Breath of Fire 3, where a character says "shut the door you are letting all the cold air in." Hence Caldaren, but sounding like Cal and Darren.
Back to top Go down
metalforlife1

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I chose this nickname because hmm, i forgot the passwort of my other account and this was the first that came in my mind, because yeah I enjoy heavy metal
Back to top Go down
ursus
corporal
corporal

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 pm

hm, my RL name translates to bear, or the latin ursus. when I tried this nick somewhere else, ursus major, the star sign was already taken, and ursus minor doesn't really fit me... so i decided to use ursus_maximus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Origin of your nickname!   Origin of your nickname! Empty

Back to top Go down

Origin of your nickname!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Tyrant :: introduce yourself;)-
Jump to: