The Lost Wikingz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikingz meetingplace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Packs should I invest in?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
screwball
sergeant
sergeant

What Packs should I invest in? Empty
PostSubject: What Packs should I invest in?   What Packs should I invest in? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am

Another repost from the forums.

I figure, one of the questions I wished I could have had answered when I was still a newbling was what packs to invest in. So I feel it’s necessary to write a guide on it.

Each Pack Will have 3 sections.

Era: This will be either Initial, Early, Mid, Late, and or End. A packs era determines when it’s wise to invest in it. Initial being when you first start playing, end being when you have been there, done that, and are into competitive play.

Distinctions: A pack may hold skills, card types, or other traits that are distinct to it, for instance, nearly all Mimic cards come from Enclave packs.

Quality: This will be a number between 1 and 10 with a sub category of Low, Mid, or High. This is simply a rating of how good the packs contents are overall and how many cards are worth chasing. This will also be followed by a description.

Bronze
Era: Initial
Distinctions: None
Quality: 1 – Low
You should only invest into Bronze packs if you are struggling with the earliest missions [Missions 1-10], then you should never have to buy a Bronze pack again outside of chasing cards like Medic to complete achievements. I suggest buying roughly 3-5 of them and do your best to work with what you have. This is because your gold is best saved up for Gold packs when you can afford them.

Silver
Era: Early
Distinctions: None
Quality: 3 – Low
Silver is exactly as Bronze packs, In that you should only invest in them if the early missions 10-15 are giving you a hard time. Once you hit level 5, you should never have to buy another Silver pack again outside of chasing certain cards to complete achievements.

Gold
Era: Mid, Late, End
Distinctions: 4 of the 8 Legendary’s
Quality: 10 – High
Oh the trite question- Gold or Enclave? Most definitely Gold, when it comes to acquiring the crucial cards in which to build a powerful offensive deck. Gold packs are the primary source of powerful cards in that it carries many more cards worth chasing than Enclave and Nexus combined. Most notable are Electromagnetic Pulse, Havoc, Tiamat, and Missile Silo.

Enclave
Era: Late, End
Distinctions: Mimic Skill – Xeno Dominant
Quality: 8 – High
Enclave is your choice of pack if you take the Xeno route, as it contains the majority of Xeno cards in Tyrant [However, if you are looking for Vyander, look to Gold, not Enclave]. Enclave is also noted for containing key defensive cards such as Mind Controller, Enclave Warlord, and Mirror Wall. Other gems in Enclave include Dragoon Hunters, Phoenix, and Tesla Cannon.

Nexus
Era: End
Distinctions: Evade Skill – 4 of the 8 Legendary’s – Only Bought with Warbonds
Quality: 7 – High
Nexus is very selective with what it offers. Although it is the only set to offer Evade and the other half of the Legendary’s, it contains not many cards worth chasing for the price of 25 Warbonds per pack. Not to degrade Nexus, as it has some very nice cards, there are just not as many. Most notable being Dracorex, Colossus, Vaporwing, and Ragnorak. In my personal opinion, it’s a much better investment to wait and chase a Nexus card in the Elite store than to chase it in Nexus packs.

I hope this helps those who have questions about what packs they should buy.

Long story short, it's good to invest in some Bronze/Silver Packs for early levels, but by the time you hit level 10+ you can start investing in Gold Packs. It's up to you when you want to start buying Enclave Packs, but personally, I started buying Enclave Packs after I'd gotten 100+ out of 111 cards. I only just managed to get 111/111 Standard Set cards at level 48, so don't worry too much if you can't get some cards!

Majority of the good cards come from the Gold Pack, and the rest of the good cards come from Mission/Arena/Reputation/Faction/Raid Reward sets. So! There is no need to fret if you do not wish to purchase WBs to buy the Nexus/Blight Packs! Nexus has ~2 to 3 good Legendary/Rare cards, but that's about it!
Back to top Go down
kanichan
captain
captain

PostSubject: Summary   What Packs should I invest in? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am

If, like me you are to lazy to read to full story i'll give you my short guide to what packs you should buy.

111 standard cards -- 23 gold 4 legendary 20.72% gold 3.60% legandary 5k gold
50 enclave cards -- 12 gold 0 legendary 24% gold costs 10k gold

Percentage wise you should keep buying standard till you only lack a few cards.

The most important thing you got to keep in mind is. What deck am i building? what cards do i need to make this deck better? and finally which pack contains these cards. Therefor only you can decide which pack to buy.

goodluck with spending your gold Wink

Back to top Go down
bensonk
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: What Packs should I invest in?   What Packs should I invest in? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:19 pm

I agree with ball and kani, just started buying gold b4 enclave
but if u have already built an awesome deck, u can start building your enclave one...Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Packs should I invest in?   What Packs should I invest in? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Packs should I invest in?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Wikingz :: Decks :: mission/raid decks-
Jump to: